LGBTQ Clients: Clinical Issues and Treatment Strategies with Joe Kort – Saturday, March 14th, 9-11 am
Joe Kort has condensed the key takeaways from his book and full-day workshops into a unique two-hour webinar brought to you by Denver Family Institute!
This webinar is designed to help you:
- Avoid the critical mistakes therapists can make when working with LGBTQ clients
- Become the go-to LGBTQ therapist
- Be on top of the up-to-date language and terms
From Joe Kort:
“Are you making the biggest mistake treating your LGBTQ clients? Are you pushing them to “come out”? If you are … you could be traumatizing your clients.
I made the same mistake early in my career of forcing my clients to name and claim their sexual identity.
I didn’t know how to ask them about their sexual practices. And when I tried, I offended them.
Come to my webinar and I will equip you with the right tools and up-to-date information you need in this rapidly changing population to more effectively counsel your lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning clients, and couples.
You will learn specific strategies to better treat the unique challenges your client may be facing such as:
- self-acceptance and internalized homophobia
- non hetero-normative sexual behaviors and practices
- trauma and abuse from growing up LGBTQ
- the difficult process of coming out
Also, let me help you avoid the common mistake of believing, “a couple is a couple” and treating LGBTQ couples the same as their heterosexual counterparts.
Don’t be the straight therapist that is losing LGBTQ clients because of poor intake, assessment and treatment planning. Learn how to offer your clients a safe place for therapy.
This two hour webinar is a condensed version of my full-day workshops to give you the tools and knowledge needed to be more effective in working with your LGBTQ clients right away.
I look forward to meeting you at my workshop!”
1. Employ adaptable clinical interventions to work more effectively with LGBTQ clients from different generations.
2. Utilize specific clinical interventions and assessment tools to more effectively treat LGBTQ clients.
Saturday, March 14th from 9 – 11 am MST via zoom
Registration will be live soon!